Thursday 6 November 2008

Etsy Here I Come!

.

I’ve been planning it for a while and now it’s serious!

I’m working away writing copy, preparing stock, taking photos and pricing postage costs to get my Etsy site up and running! You can find it at www.LoveAngelaHandmade.com.au.

It’s daunting and exciting at the same time. I mean, I’ve had a website showing my jewellery for some time now but I haven’t been able to sell via that site except if someone emails me. So this is taking online sales to a whole new - and better - place.
.


I’ve had my jewellery in around 12 stores here in Australia for the past year or so, which I love. The thing that really excites me about Etsy is that, unlike a store, you don’t necessarily have to produce a piece in quantity in order for it to be considered. So, if I want to, I can produce just one of something and put that up for sale. And I can sew any number of the stack of ideas that I have in my head, and put them up. Stores want quantity, which one can’t always provide when creating handmade. Whilst the essence of Etsy IS handmade - unique - individual - and I love that!

So, if you’d like to be notified of my Etsy site’s Grand Opening, just send an email to angela@loveangela.com.au. And to all of those lovely people who do so, if you buy something from LoveAngelaHandmade in the first 2 weeks after opening, POSTAGE WILL BE FREE. From Australia, at this point that’s looking like a saving of more than $10. Can you believe it?!

You’ll also be the first to know about any future specials, promotions, new stock, and any other lovely stuff I can come up with.

It’s like world domination, jewellery-style!

Have a great weekend everyone!

And congratulations to Barack Obama and America - I wish you great times ahead!

No comments: